Sunday, November 19, 2006

Life Update

Hello all. Sorry that kelli and I have not written much lately - things have been a bit crazy. Ok, where to start? First, kelli has gotten the opportunity to lecture at one of the local universities (there are two - Aberdeen University is where I am at, and then Robert Gordon University is where she is lecturing). They needed someone to do two 2-hour long lectures, one a week for two weeks, on the American health care system. Because of the hard times that PT's are facing here, a lot of them are heading out to America, and because the system is so vastly different they want to try and expose them to it prior to going.

So you can probably imagine that kelli is running around trying to get that figured out. It has been really last minute, so she is trying to put together a power point presentation and everything to get ready - but I know she'll be great.

Other than that, we have found a church that we believe will become our new church home. It is called Gerrard Street Baptist, pronounced Gerad (there is a form of ebonics here that I call Scotch-bonics. For instance, the area called Foot Dee is now called Fittie - and it is even written out like that. Interesting how the English language seems to have a natural tendency of digressing into gibberish. In any case, if you want to check it out, go to gsbaptist.org.

On my side of things, I am having a bit of a hard time juggling all that is going on. I have had a lot going on lately with the website I started with my friend jamin www.metamorpha.com, as well as planning my new website for my book. I am amazed at how fast the days go when I am in my office. I am trying to split up my days into the two guys I am studying (Karl Barth and Jonathan Edwards) and actually writing and supposedly learning latin. The whole German thing got thrown out the window a while ago - and I keep telling everyone that will start up again in Jan. We'll see.

Because I know how much you all love pictures I wanted to put a picture of our apartment from the beach, and also where my office is. Maybe later I'll throw up a pic of me in my office, but until then, you'll have to get a shot from the courtyard. It is in the building with the crown, and in the courtyard if you look up to the corner, I am up there somewhere. We don't have a window, but we do have a skylight...which is nice! I hope all is well back there. Oh yeah, it is gotten colder now, and it is definitely windy by the Sea!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger TJ said...

Congrats to Kelli! Good luck getting all that together, chica.

Kylie, you sound a lot like Tim right now...somehow he's working harder than ever and yet slipping further and further behind. I guess it's the nature of the beast. Hang in there. We love you two!

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Gosh, Kyle, it sounds like you need to get a hobby or something, given all the free time it sounds like you have. ;) Don't kill yourself, now--you do have four years to do this in, right?? I am SO JEALOUS that you have an office. I so need one of those. Having one in such a cool building would do wonders for my creativity. I can't wait till we're able to come out there and see you guys! I'm also totally jealous of Mom and Dad going out in April. Once we get this whole second-baby thing figured out we'll try to nail down a time to visit.

Can't wait till you guys come home! we should plan a big menu for our Office party. Think about what foods you guys miss the most and we'll carry in (or, as they say in your neck of the woods, "get take-away").

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, that courtyard is out of my old schoolgirl dreams when the idea of studying in Britain was this major fantasy. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooh. :)

Mir

 

Post a Comment

<< Home