Saturday, October 21, 2006

Kelli's jog in the highlands

Well, I went for a nice little jog today and saw some interesting things. I had a lot of energy, maybe had a little too much coffee in me...so it was a pretty exciting run. Try to picture this with me if you will...lots and lots of green rolling hills with stone fences and animals all around. I came across an open field with about 10 horses on one side of the fence and then about 30 cows on the other side. However, right next to the fence were 4 cows facing the horses and then one horse facing the 4 cows...just starring at each other. All the other horses and cows were dispersed throughout the field. Then, perched on the fence about 10 feet away was a large black crow, and about a foot away from him was a hawk of some sort...and they were both starring at the horse and cows that were looking at eachother. It was pretty interesting and I wish I had my camera. However, stopping to take pictures kind of disrupts the run. So I continued over this bridge that crosses the river Dee, and I heard some random yelling...and then I saw a football game...of course, a highly organized soccer game out in the middle of nowhere...only in scotland! There were no spectators though, which I thought was kind of odd.

On the business side of things...I finished my application to be approved to work as a physiotherapist , and I will send it to London on Monday. I've also looked into working at a local gym. So we'll see what happens with that...prayers much appreciated!!

2 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

Gosh, that sounds so nice! It's so refreshing to live at a slower pace, where you have the time to notice all of the beauty that God has surrounded you with. I miss that here in LA. There is definitely beauty to notice, but I think I move at a pace that is so fast that I barely notice it.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Tracy said...

http://www.readshlog.blogspot.com/

Above is the blog address of one of the regular blogs I read. It's written by Christian singer/songwriter Shaun Groves. Tomorrow, he's playing in Scotland!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home