Monday, November 13, 2006

Life update

I will put aside the flash and glamor of the pictures and whatnot, and for a moment do what you have all been asking me to do - actually give an update. Well, here it goes. Things overall are going well. There are moments where we, and maybe more I, can only think about ways to get home, but we have been blessed with good friends here that have helped us make this a new temporary home.

As for my studies...let me explain what life looks like. I have meetings every other week which basically go like this: Have you read this...no; how about this...no, what about this...no, well have you ever heard of so and so...no, what about him...no, what about them...no. Well, why don't you write up something for next time. Ok. On what exactly? What have you been doing? Reading. Ok, on that then.

So basically, it has become clear that I don't know anything...so I've got that going for me. But the day to day has been good, it is just a little hard to get used to. I am trying to get into the office between 8 and 8:30 and I am there until about 5 or 5:30. During that time I read. I break it up with a little latin here and there, and then my taking notes. I have narrowed down my thesis idea, which helps, and I have been assigned to only one of my supervisors, which I think will make the whole process easier.

Kelli is doing well. She is studying and getting to know people here. We are both trying to figure out our future plans, which seem pretty ambiguous right now. We have some opportunities that we want to take advantage of, be we are not sure if we will be able to. We'll fill you in later. Other than that, she has been taking the brunt of the housework - and has become an incredible cook in the meantime. In between my running around hysterically wondering why I have never read anything, she has been calm and collected. It is good I have her here or I would go out of my mind.

All in all though, we are really enjoying ourselves. I can't wait until we both get in our grooves more, that will really help I think. Things are just still so new and different that it has been hard to really settle in a set routine. So in the meantime, we'll be drinking coffee likes its our job - which at this point it basically is!

1 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Kelli the cook--I am sooo jealous! I want a Kelli the cook for my house! :)I'm sorry you feel unread, Kyle, but remember that you've read more than our whole family put together, so it's just an unfortunate coincidence that you haven't read any of the stuff you need now. There, don't you feel better? :)

We can't wait till y'all are home. Mom and I are Christmas shopping tomorrow. Whatcha want?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home