Sunday, October 29, 2006

eating habits

well, as you could imagine, our eating habits have changed quite a bit. Hopefully, they will change again shortly, once we move into our flat on Wednesday! The benefit in eating out frequently is that now we know of places to take visitors (or not to take them I suppose :). I've decided my next few blogs will be mostly about our experience with food in the UK, which actually has been quite surprising. I feel like every one tried to prepare us before we left, saying the food is just horrible. There has not been one thing I've eaten that has been bad. Well, except for the chips at the Mexican restaurant (previous post by kyle, titled "north of moscow"). But really, the food has been great!!

Believe it or not, I eat biscuits (cookies) everyday, and not usually one, more like 5. So, once I have finally tried all the different types of biscuits, then I'll probably decrease my in-take. I think I actually have tea every day now too, instead of coffee. Big changes!

These photos are of the restaurant that has been voted to have the best fish and chips in the UK. I have not actually eaten fish from there, but Kyle has twice, and he said it was in fact, the best fish and chips he'd had. I had a cheeseburger one time, very good, very well done. The last time we went I had this broccoli potatoe bake that was quite good. Their soup is excellent as well.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Mmmm, biscuits. :) You shoud pick up some "digestives" from the grocery store--there's a brand called "Hob Nobs" that are really good. They're like an oat cookie with chocolate on one side. (Well, not LIKE that, they ARE that.) No idea why there called digestives--maybe because of the amount of fiber in them or something? I don't know. Anyway, those were my FAVORITE when I lived there. Went through a package a week, I think. :)

And I don't think I had fish and chips even once that whole year. What a shame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home