Wednesday, October 18, 2006

day to day

So, upon request from Aaron (yes, I do take requests), I will give an update about what is actually going on. So as it stands, we will move into our new flat on Nov. 1st. We are really excited about it, but that seems like an endless amount of time. It is not hard because of our immediate situation, it has been awesome living at the Wilson's place, but because we are just so removed from everything out here. Kelli and I were able to have dinner the other night at one of the other first year students place, with him and his wife and 2 year old, and that was great. At this point I am only seeing people about once maybe twice a week. If you have read my bus story, you can imagine how much I enjoy riding the bus into school - it can easily take 3 hours of my day, which is way too much time that I need to use to study. The solution to all of this would be to go in early and come back later, but they haven't assigned our offices yet, so finding a place to settle down and work is next to impossible.

So, that has been hard. I still feel like I haven't really been able to jump into the semester yet - and since I am well behind in Latin, and barely moving in German, it is hard to get on top of my reading as well. One of the hardest aspects of my degree at first is figuring out what you are going to focus on. I am still very much up in the air, and not being settled has not helped that at all.

Days so far have gone reasonably well. I was sick a couple of days ago so I just stayed home and worked from here (see pic), which was really nice. Kelli is exploring a lot, and as you can tell from the last blog, making herself known at the local starbucks.

Other than that, we are doing well. There are times when it is hard knowing what everyone is doing back home, and Thanksgiving this year will be depressing, but as we settle into more of a groove here we seem to get more and more comfortable. Coming into this we both had the feeling that at the end of it all, we would be very ready to come home, but that leaving would be very hard. I can already tell that will true. In the meantime I am still trying to learn how to play snooker, and I want to take up curling.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Blogger Mirtika said...

A delightful blog. I've linked over from Mirathon, and I hope some of my regulars drop by.

God bless,
Mir

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Came to your site thru Mir. I love traveling, but unfortunately, being in ministry and a writer, traveling is not as possible as I would wish. So write away! I live vicariously.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Freebird! Stairway to Heaven! Strawberry Fields!

(You said you take requests...)

Went to Dland with Abby again yesterday. I took a picture of the Scottish bagpiper in the "It's A Small World" ride for you guys. Don't know if it'll come out, though; it was kind of high up, and Abby had fallen asleep on me so I had limited range of motion to get the camera in the right position. And the boat was moving, of course. So, yeah, prolly won't come out. But it's the thought that counts, right? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home