Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Carebears, Mary Poppins, and my first Job

This will be quite the random post. I've had some thoughts I'd like to share. Like yesterday...probably the most windy day we've had yet. While walking against the wind, I found myself fully leaning into the wind, each step I took my foot would just hand in the air for a little while. It's quite difficult to explain, kind of fun. I've never seen clouds move so fast. Who remembers the CareBears and their cloud cars, and how they would zoom in the sky?? Thats what was happening yesterday, the Carebears were out and about.

Another random thought, I think about Mary Poppins almost daily. It has something to do with the chimneys here...I can just picture her landing on one of the roofs with her umbrella.

And as for my first bit of work in Aberdeen, it was awesome. I presented a lecture on the US health system, and the 2 hours went by so fast. The students were suprisingly quite interested in what I had to say and they had so many questions, which made me realize how little I actually know about our country. So I have some homework to do for next week's lecture, but I'm excited and enjoying teaching for a little bit!

Now I am off to find pumpkin stuff for our pie...yes, we are celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow, with some Americans. I'm now realizing how stressful preparing a meal can be. I'm in charge of making the pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, and vegetables...so we'll see how it goes! Happy Turkey Day to all!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My first crust I've ever made....let's hope I can make a decent crust for the pumpkin pie!!

1 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Well if that crust tasted even half as good as it looked, it must have been fantastic! Wish we could celebrate with you. I'll bet your food is the best stuff there. :)

I'm so glad to hear your teaching went well! If there's any way we state-siders can help you prep for next week, be sure to let us know.

I remember thinking a lot about Mary Poppins, too! It _is_ the chimneys! And all the umbrellas. :) That wind is something, isn't it? Never saw the Carebears cartoon, but I can picture what you mean--we used to get clouds zooming like that in Chicago, right before a tornado. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home