Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hotel California

The odd fact of the day is that grocery stores here evidently use the same cd as the ones do in the states - so Kelli and I got to shop while listening to Hotel California.

The day was very Scottish today. The sun was never out, not once. It misted all day with an occasional rain, and a good amount of wind. All in all though it was kind of fun. Kelli and I walked down a path that is an old railway that has been paved over for walking or evidently binge drinking. What was interested though was that in certain areas we would be walking through woods, and there would be a stone platform running next to the path. The platform was barely visible, with trees growing up through it, moss, ground cover running along the top of it. It was really odd. After looking at it for a moment we realized it was an old train station, or really more of a stop, from over a hundred years ago. It ended up being really cool to see.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Other than that, Kelli and I will be adding signs to my myspace page. I will be updating everyone on my ability to learn how to play snooker, which I am convinced holds the key to every culture difference between America and the UK, and hopefully get a picture of one of the spiders which plagued our room for the first two nights. Well, it is time for tea - though it is always time for tea, so that is really just a way of saying I'm taking off! I hope you all are well.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

At 3:40 AM, Blogger TJ said...

I want you to re-read this blog a month or two or eight from now, just to remember that you once thought a day without sunshine is "kind of fun".

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Kelli,

You're like a sporty Mary Poppins with great taste...love the Burberry umbrella! :)

Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home