Tuesday, October 17, 2006

random thoughts...by Kelli

Today was pretty awesome. A kind of day that will probably not be repeated. I slept until 10:30, got up and made breakfast for the husband, went to starbucks and studied for 2 hours, took a bus to the grocery store and walked home, made dinner, had some wine and dessert, made a few phone calls, and now I'm blogging. It was great. I remember two specific feelings from this day. The first was while I was at starbucks (pictured below). I realized how much I love being in a starbucks coffee shop. I know, it sounds quite cheezy, but really...being there brings such comfort. Not only did I meet my husband there, but I have spent hours and hours studying there. So now living in another country, going to Starbucks and studying a few hours is really comforting and quite enjoyable. And, I happen to know someone who works at the starbucks in Aberdeen!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The other cool moment occurred while I was walking home. I was pretty hungry, getting a good workout carrying the groceries home, and then some wind picked up and leaves slowly fell off the trees onto my face. It was so peaceful. I've never really seen falling leaves or even seen the seasons slowly change.

Tomorrow I think I'm off to the organic store, across from which we took this picture!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Oh yay! It sounds like a lovely day; I'm so glad for you. :) There IS something comforting about being in places like Starbucks, or Borders, or heck, even McDonald's when you're in another country. It's like, everything outside is confusing and new and weird and I'm not at all sure I like it, but I know exactly what to expect in here. So who do you know at the Starbucks? That's a handy place to have friends! :) How's the studying coming?

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

That is one beautiful Starbucks!!!

Glad to hear that you're settling well into life there.

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Mirtika said...

My husband has requested sheep pics, too.

Me, I want a wav with Scottish accents. My fave accent of all!

Mir<--who rents Scottish films, and often has to rewind to figure out what the heck someone just said...Och!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home