Friday, April 13, 2007

I won't be eating lamb for a while!

Today was just amazing...on many levels. I joined a friend and her children on a bicycle ride towards the out-skirts of town. Apparently its lambing season, and we were fortunate today to meet about 15 little lambs!! Such cute animals...the way they play together butting heads, the noises they make, the way they chew their food...all just adorable. We also saw some sheep, a bull, and his many wives. It was just lovely to be on a farm, seeing these amazing animals living their lives. They really are beautiful creatures. So, I don't think I'll be eating lamb for a while!

The bicycle ride was amazing as well. Here's a picture of the trail we spent most of our time on. It's an old railway line that has been paved. Its the same trail I mentioned in the October posts...where I found the red mushroom! Poor Kyle was in the office all day, slaving away on his work...but the weekend is here, and hopefully we'll get out in the sunshine! Which by the way, its been in the 60s some days...and I ran in shorts the other day! So don't worry, we're not freezing...even though we live north of Moscow!

2 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

baa!!!! baaah!!!!!!

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Awww, wee lambies are so cute! Did you get any pictures of them? Glad to hear your weather is improving; it was really nice for a few days here, and now today it's cold and really rainy, go figure. :( June gloom is upon us early this year.

Counting the days till you get back! (Or rather, I would be if I knew when that was. What day do you arrive?)

-Alison
blog.alisonstrobel.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home