Monday, January 22, 2007

I have to say it was a good day

Today started out like all the rest - get up, go to the office, come home, et cetera et cetera et cetera. There were some slight differences: it was frosty on the ground today, which made walking to school a lot more like sliding, but nothing terribly different. Kelli and I both had productive days that we were very satisfied with...and then it happened.

We were each in our individual sides of the apartment working. Nothing terribly important or pressing, I was just online emailing and kelli was reading, when the phone rang. All I hear Kelli say is, "Are you kidding me?" And she ran to the window. Our friend Tammy called to let us know that we were having our first snow!



Kelli and I realized it was our first snow in Aberdeen, and more importantly, our first snow as a married couple. But to our dismay, it only lasted about five minutes. Several hours later, that's when it happened. All out thick blizzard-like snow conditions for over an hour.





After going outside and playing around a little, Kelli and I thought it was in our best interest to make a trek across town, even though it was 9 P.M. and it was a half an hour walk. We decided to do this because 1) the snow was awesome; 2) it was good packing snow that was crunching under our feet; 3) we wanted to see if we could get some pictures of kings college in the snow. So, here are some more pics of our little adventure. We certainly had a fun night!






3 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

WOW. That Kings College picture could be on a greeting card or in a calendar...that is really, really beautiful and artistic. Good on ya, whichever one of you snapped that one! And by the way, I AM SO JEALOUS YOU HAD SNOW!!!!!! I miss it so much! Wow, what a fun night you guys had. So cool!!!

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

HOW FUN!!!!!!!! Great pic, too. Glad that the two of you are enjoying your Adventures in Aberdeen.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger TJ said...

Oh man, I'm jealous.

I tried to make a cement angel the other day but it just wasn't the same...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home