Monday, July 23, 2007

St. Andrews Part 3: The University

Hello all, I know I know, I have slacked in my St. Andrews marathon blog. But now I will take you on a brief tour of St. Andrews University.

As you should know, I study at Aberdeen, one of the ancient universities in Scotland. St. Andrews on the other hand is the ancient school of Scotland. It is the first university in this great country, being third oldest in the UK (after Oxford and Cambridge).

Sadly, I have little clue as to what these pictures are actually of, other than buildings of St. Andrews. So here you go:






I do know that this is their chapel, which actually has a very similar design as the one at Aberdeen. I tried to sneak in but the door was locked :(




This was the rather large locked door to the chapel.


And this was officially random.


Who knew that Benjamin Franklin had an honorary doctorate from St. Andrews? The question now is, why don't they give me one? The world is so full of mystery.

1 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Well, if you stop messin' with all that book learnin' and invent as many modern conveniences as he did and maybe they'll consider it. ;)

Gorgeous grounds there at St. Andrew uni. I love that a building that big is their "chapel".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home