Monday, July 09, 2007

St. Andrews Part 2: coffee!!

To continue with Kyle's saga of St. Andrews, I thought I'd share about the coffee shops we visited...because what else would I talk about? :)

Our first coffee shop we stumbled across was one we had hoped to find. Within the shop--connected to an Episcopal church-- is a little book store. Coffee and books, two of our favorite things in one place! Kyle of course wanted a vanilla latte, so I asked the lady behind the counter "Do have vanilla syrup?" She kind of laughed and politely said, "No, but people keep asking me that. I should probably get some. " I told her not to bother...I thought the shop was perfect! So, as I sat down at a table with two filter coffees, Kyle chatted with the book guy...and slowly people kept coming into the small shop. You could tell these people started their days by coming to this place...they had their regular seats, and were welcomed as the entered the door with a "Hello Bob"--or whatever their names were. It made me wish I lived in that town, so I could come have coffee with them every morning. Starting the day at that coffee shop was the perfect way to start our adventure in St. Andrews.



After running around the castle and cathedral ruins...we were of course ready for another coffee. Our next stop was much more modern, but still a perfect addition to the day...except for the fact that Kyle wasn't too impressed with the latte, but my mocha was fantastic! This coffee joint has live music frequently, so I'm hoping to head back to hear some local tunes.



The third coffee shop we encountered was...surprise, surprise...a Starbucks. We actually were not looking for coffee but were searching for a place to hide from one of the random 10 minute rain falls. Upon finding shelter, we ran into some friends from church--also here from America to study.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home