Friday, October 06, 2006

grave yard lunch with pigeons

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

ok, so this is my first blog ever...kind of scared..but kyle insists I contribute, and I want to... but it's going to take me a while to warm up to this whole blogging thing.

So, I thought I'd share about my interesting lunch. There's this awesome place where I am currently sitting, Books and Beans, that has amazing soups and stuff. I purchased some butternut squash and yellow pepper soup and a coffee and then headed to find somewhere outside to sit. There's this massive church in the middle of downtown Aberdeen, founded in 1150. Surrounding the church are just tons and tons of gravestones, and people pass through the graveyard to cut across the block or stop and have lunch or to actually attend church. There are two separate chapels, St. Mary's and St. John's, which both are still active. The area I was sitting in is called "Kirkyard of St. Nicholas". I found it oddly peaceful and comforting sitting there, eating my lunch with pigeons starring at me. When I left through one of the side gates I was immediately faced with a large shopping center, starbucks and the gap. This town is just weird, one minute you're in a church that began in 1150 and the next minute you're ordering your grande soy caramel macchiato...strange.

1 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Wellcone, Kelli! I think you've acclimated quite well to the world of blogging. :) Looking forward to reading more...no pressure or anything. :)

-Alison

 

Post a Comment

<< Home