Saturday, December 05, 2009

Cal Poly Flashbacks

I took these pictures this past summer while we were in California, and of course, meant to blog about them then.

Almost 7 years (exactly) have passed since I graduated from uni. Its amazing how being on campus again made me remember things I had forgotten.
Thinking about my time as a university student has really made me aware of some of the things my current students might be going through. So much adjustment takes place; moving into a new "home", meeting new people, missing family and friends, and trying to study and actually learn in the meantime.

Where I studied, we could at least read our books outside on the grass, whereas in Aberdeen...well, I don't think that would be such a good idea.

I remember walking up all these steps to go to a class or meet with my advisor. I hated treking up the top floor!

As this semester draws to an end, I am encouraged. Not simply because we get to visit family soon, but I think my students have actually learned something! I've enjoyed getting to know them and seeing them process new information. We'll see how their assessments go in January, but in the meantime I think I like this teaching stuff!

P.S. To all of my teacher friends...yes, you were correct...I guess deep down I did really want to be a teacher :)

1 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

It sounds like you're really thriving in your new job. I can't wait to hear more about it when you come home! Not long now!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home