Thursday, July 31, 2008

Domestic Danger

Well, its been about a month since our return to Aberdeen. Kyle has finally entered his groove with writing his dissertation, and I have found my routine with walking or cycling to the grocery store. Daily tasks like washing clothes and dishes are just done in a different manner here, so its taken me a while to find my groove. All that said, we are happy to be back and we are enjoying life. I was feeling so settled yesterday, that I thought I'd do some baking. Check out how much butter the recipe called for...

They were good...probably not good for me...


Today I thought I'd do some ironing. Now, you must realize I never properly learned how to iron, so I often have issues. And of course I burned myself. I met Kyle for coffee at the University and he said, "Wow, your scar is out today!" And I said "Oh, no...its a new one." (The old scar is very faint in the picture...just above the new one, its from a fence that bit me last year while I was on a run). So, I don't think I'll be getting the iron out again any time soon!
We have guests arriving tomorrow, so stay tuned for our adventures with Kel and Brad!

2 Comments:

At 2:08 AM, Blogger bic said...

why did your momma not teach you to iron :)

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Oh you poor thing! Ow!

That blackberry crumble thing sure looks good, though. Though how bad can something taste with that much butter? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home