Friday, July 18, 2008

Night Golf

So I got a call around 8P.M. the other night from my friend and neighbor Kent. The conversation went pretty much like this: Kent - "Hey man, how you feeling?" Kyle - "Good man." Kent - "You up for some golf?" Kyle - "I think I am."

So, at 8 o'clock at night, we made the stroll down the block to the golf course. We only had Kent's clubs, so we shared carrying the bag.

Here's a picture of Kent, with the lovely Aberdeen high rises in the background. Notice how, unlike courses in the states, there isn't actually a tree on this golf course. There wasn't any water either. Instead of such so called "hazards", golf courses here have jungle like rough, bunker like...well, bunkers, and the slowest greens known to man.


Here is a pic I took across one of the holes. I felt like a better golfer for not hitting any trees, but then like a worse one when I could never find my ball.

And for those of you who don't know how to play golf, I thought I would show you a thing of beauty - my swing. A swing my friend Dave Cook once called the most "awkward swing ever." Notice that the club is moving so fast that in dim light without a flash our camera slightly blurred the club head. Breathtaking.

1 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger The Mehaffeys said...

Since Tiger is out for the rest of 2008, it seems like the rest of the golf world better look out for a new face on the golf scene. "Slowstroke" Strobel is about to tear up the hazards!

Bob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home