Friday, July 11, 2008

After 30, it all goes downhill...

So, as most of you know, I turned 30 last week. I honestly didn't really think much about it (although verdict is out whether or not that was caused by the jetlag). In any case, I guess when you turn 30 everything begins to fall apart...or at least that is what it has felt like.

Moving back to Aberdeen brings with it many things that remind me that I am not as young as I once was. The 30 minute walk into town leaves me looking as though I just tried to run a marathon. Actually, what is really sad, is that one walk into town and back leaves me looking worse than when Kelli actually did run a marathon!

In any case, I am feeling the affects of 30 years on this earth. I have seen a lot in 30 years, and have read a lot in the last 10. This could be the reason why...






wait for it...





my vision is finally beginning to wane.



Yes, that's right, I bought my first pair of glasses today after going to get my eyes checked.



I wasn't quite prepared for the odd feeling of being able to see in sharp contrasts again, nor was I ready for the feeling like someone strapped a pair of binoculars to my face as I walked around our mall after getting the glasses. But, needless to say, I am in the world of the seeing again. Fortunately for me, I kind of like the emo wanna be rockstar look to go along with my tweed-and-elbow-patched wardrobe.

5 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe you finally have glasses. I am *stunned*. They're awesome, btw. Why on EARTH did you wait until going back to Scotland to get them? So they're not for reading, they're for all the time?

Shocked, I tell you. Shocked.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger George said...

Hey four eyes. Welcome to the world of the sight impaired. It's like when Clark Kent wears his glasses nobody knows he his really superman. You can continue to develop your superpowers in private with your new secret identity. I thought you might like the superman reference since you are now a super nerd. I can vouch for the fact that it is all downhill after 30. 31 and 32 doesn't get any better. Enjoy...

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I think your fakin it. You're always looking for ways to get attention. Next you'll tell us that some age-related condition requires that you nurse a bent wooden antique pipe and wear a red velour smoking jacket. Whatever.




: ) They look great!

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger Deb said...

I hate to tell ya Kyle hon but it just continues to get more and more fun...just wait till 40 woooo hooooooo!!!!! I finally got a chance to catch up on your blog....I hadn't read it in a while. We flew into LAX on the 3rd so we missed that whole bomb scare. I'm glad you both made it safe and sound. Give Kelly hugs from me please!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Kent, Tammy, and Hannah Eilers said...

Kent is trying to figure out if he can pull off your "cool spec" look with his nice, round, shiny dome... verdict is still out, but we think they are super cool on you Kyle!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home