Thursday, May 15, 2008

Travel update

Here are some pics from our trip back to So Cal!

We cruised through Ohio and tried our best to avoid the rain.

We kept going through Indiana and took some pics of the Indiana countryside:

Such as:
...and sadly, also Gary:
I do have fond memories driving through Gary as a kid and having my parents tell me that these were cloud making factories. I kind of like that, it makes it seem ok...but doesn't explain the smell.

Then of course, beautiful Chicago:
We made a stop by Crystal Lake, and hung out with my Aunt and Uncle
Then took off again and went across the plains: This is Iowa
then Nebraska
Thus far the trip has gone well. We almost hit a deer at one point, which was a bit scary, but it has been pretty uneventful. Iowa had more hills than I remember, and was much larger than I remember as well. I have made this trip between Chicago and California 5 times already, and the 6th has been good; Lord willing, it will continue to be. We'll let you know.

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Can't wait til you get home!!! Dad

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Hey you two--I tagged you on my blog. Come read the "Tag, You're It!" post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home