Thursday, February 14, 2008

snow

So, we've had some rather odd weather since we've been here in CT, but the weather last week took the cake (and I think it ate it too). In about 36 hours, we went from 11 degrees and dark, to snowing, to 50 degrees and rain - a lot of rain.

Here is what it looked like when it started to rain (from our living room window)


Then, a couple hours later, there was a nice blanket of snow down.


And of course, the next morning, I had the joy of starting a car that had been covered in snow.


I'm not really sure I missed doing this when I moved to California. While there is something somewhat romantic about a blanket of white covering everything, there is also something annoying about a car that has been turned into ice. What was incredible, was that 4 hours after this picture was taken it was 50 degrees. Weird.

2 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger Tim and Jamie said...

You have a really nice view from your living room. :)

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Awwww, snow! Yeah, I don't miss that either. The look, yes, but the work, not so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home