Monday, June 14, 2010

The packing has begun

The current bane of my existence is the packing that we have to do before we leave. Packing is one thing, but making a complete inventory of all of your books is wholly other. We were prepared to take a week long nightmarish book-inventorying extravaganza when a friend of mine suggested I use Delicious Library (check it out here). Delicious Library is about the coolest thing ever. First, you grab a book and hold up the barcode to the camera on your laptop. Second, the picture of the book appears on the screen on a virtual bookshelf, and then third, you can download a inventory of your books with author, name, isbn, price, etc. Pretty awesome. Here are some pics we took of the job.



One of the students from our university group offered to come over and help. We had to turn off the feature that reads aloud the name of the books because that got old real quick.



Who knew packing could be so fun?

6 Comments:

At 2:28 AM, Blogger Michelle Swidrak said...

I just saw the belly pics and I love them!!!! You are not big at all, trust me. I gained well over the recommended limit with both my kids. You'll get it all back, don't worry.
Very cool book feature, btw. :)

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger The Green Family said...

Goodness! That still sounds like it would take forever . . . And why do you have to inventory them all??

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger The Morrows said...

Oh man, have fun with that bro. :D

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, is that my Barth book in the photo??

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Haha (on several fronts). We logged 600 books in 3 hours, which is a pretty sweet deal - and kind of fun. We have to do it for insurance purposes (you think they would just take our word for it?!).

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger The Morrows said...

Dan: You really should have ordered one of the bar code scanner guns. I remember trying to log a bunch of my books with the iMac camera. I feel for ya. Let's just say the scanner was much easier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home