Monday, May 17, 2010

Beauty in Aberdeen

One of my favorite times of year in Aberdeen is when the Cherry blossoms come out. My walk to campus when we first moved here had more Cherry blossoms, (the one's you see below) where as now I only walk by one on campus. Fortunately, we still get to see these on our walk to church. There is a line of them in a walled cemetary and they lean over the wall giving some much needed color to the grey of King's Street.

Unfortunately, these last for only about two weeks and then they just look like regular green trees. Sad...I blame the fall.





2 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Leslie Strobel said...

Oh My goodness, that's beautiful!
It's particularly striking against the gray.
What a contrast.
You're right, maybe there's a lesson there.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger The Morrows said...

Soooo pretty!! I wonder if that's what we've got around here; there are some really lovely pink trees right now--two different shades, actually. And lovely pictures as usual, Kel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home