Saturday, May 15, 2010

Baby Strobel

Well, word is out, we're having a baby! Kelli and I found out a while back, and it was hard to keep it a secret, but we managed pretty well. As you can see from the picture below, there is clearly something in the water here in Scotland. Several of our closest friends here our pregnant as well, each of us at slightly different phases in the process!



One of the joys of the timing of all of this is that we were able to tell my parents in person when they came for a visit, which was fun. I thought we were about to get kicked out of the restaurant we were in when I told them because my dad shouted, "What?!" Needless to say, it was a surprise. We decided to put my dad to work on research for us while they were here, as he is becoming an old pro at being an expecting grandfather!



Another aspect of the timing that worked out well was that we got our first scan the day before my parents left. Here is the little person living in Kelli. Quite the hour-glass figure huh?! I personally like the hands just chillin on top of their oval-shaped core. Makes me laugh every time.



Ever since the pregnancy Kelli has been on a cranberry and lime kick. It was such a hit that my dad and I kept ordering them as well - they are good! As most of you know, kelli is quite the coffee drinker, and you might be wondering how that is going. Another aspect of the timing that was incredibly providential was that kelli decided to give up coffee for lent, which started about 2 weeks before we found out that we were pregnant. Crazy!



This is our latest picture of Kelli's bump. She is just starting to show, and I think she feels a lot bigger than she really is. We'll do a better job of updating this with progress. The baby is due Oct. 28th, so Kelli is 16 weeks along. She feels a lot better these days than she did early on, but is still pretty tired. She is going to be cutting back on work bit by bit, and we hope that helps. That's it for now, we'll post more soon!

4 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Abby reminds me every night to "pray very, very much for Auntie Kelli's baby." <3

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger The Green Family said...

Wahoooooo! Great post. Thanks so much for finally making the announcement "official" on here. ;-) LOVE the pics too. Keep 'em coming!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Michelle Swidrak said...

So happy for you! Can't wait to hear more and more! Rest when you can Kel!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Allison M said...

Happy Day!! We are so exctied for you guys :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home