Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good times in Castle Rock

I know it has been a while since our last blog, but that is the reality of taking a holiday. I'm just getting around to posting on the first half of our trip, the Colorado half, and will hopefully post some more soon. For those of you who don't know, my whole family have moved to Colorado since our last trip home (which was only in the Summer). So, taking a trip "home" entailed flying to a new place...which was a bit weird. We had a blast seeing a new place, getting settled in to my parents new house and visiting with my sister, her husband and our little nieces. It is always crazy to see how much the little one's grow in such a short period of time. This is Kelli and I with the girls and Abby's big Christmas present.



This is one of the coffee shops in downtown Castle Rock, the nearest little village to my parents. Kelli had a fun morning with my sister and the girls hanging out in the warm to keep out of the snow.



In an attempt to keep up our walking ability, beyond our strolls through Castle Rock, Kelli and I took an hour long walk down the paths throughout my parent's area. It is amazing how warm it can be in CO in the winter with how dry it is and how much sun you get there (both of which are foreign to us in Scotland!).



We'll try to get more updates done soon. We had a blast with the family and loved Colorado. It was the first Christmas that the nieces, at least Abby, understood Christmas, so that was a lot of fun. We look forward to seeing Colorado in the Summer, and hopefully exploring a bit!

1 Comments:

At 10:18 PM, Blogger The Morrows said...

We were so happy to have you guys home for Christmas! We miss you so much and can't wait for you to come back. Abby was pretending to be Auntie Kelli quite a bit the day after you left--she kept putting PJ's ladybug backpack on and saying she had to go to the airport now. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home