Thursday, September 27, 2007

Food

If any one is trying to eat well these days, I apologize for tempting you with these photos. However, I do want to share with you some of our food experiences in Scotland.

First--the often asked about--Haggis!! My adventurous friend Jenn was brave enough to order this from a pub in Edinburgh. I had a bite and it was actually quite good! Although, we cannot claim we've tasted TRUE haggis because, well, this version was vegetarian :)



My personal favorite--sticky toffee pudding! Its just fantastic...can't explain it. Usually served warm with either ice cream or pouring cream.


From the Sand Dollar (favorite place to go for a late breakfast)--the picture really says it all...but notice that the bacon is a bit more like ham than what we're used to...but soooo good.

Caramel squares--You can find one of these at most bakeries. You'll definitely want some milk with this!

3 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger The Green Family said...

YUM! I especially want a bite of that caramel square . . . how many "points" do you think that's worth!?! :-P

And that top picture is haggis?? It looks more like a dessert! And how can you have a vegetarian haggis? I'm befuddled.

Love ya, my friend!

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Mmmmm.....sticky...toffee...pudding....me hungry!!!!!

Okay, I have to say, for the record, that haggis is good. I had it all the time when I lived there and I loved it. :) It is NOT made the old-fashioned way anymore (i.e. in a sheep's stomach) and I know a lot of people assume that. But honestly, I really did like it.

But dude, really, the sticky toffee pudding is so off the charts good. I have to go to the import store now and get some; preggo lady is having a craving!!!

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

I have to admit that the breakfast sandwhich and a yummy cup of coffee looks most appealing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home