Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Teacher man

Well, I'm two weeks into my class, and I finish lecturing this Friday. Here is me walking to class on my own self-imposed "casual Friday".

Kelli and I have a routine now where we get up at 5:30 am, head off to Starbucks of Panera, and work before I leave to go lecture (she stays to work). We have about a 45 minute to an hour drive to be at the University, so it is just better to do that early around here (rather than sitting in L.A. rush hour).


I'm in classroom 40, in the old elementary school (or it could have been a Junior High). Biola bought the school next door, and, for the time being, have turned them into classrooms and offices. This is the same room I took an Isaiah class in, which is a bit odd to be now teaching in!

My lecture binder seems to grow by the minute. Here I am looking over the table of contents page I made for it. I've developed about 13 lectures, all ranging about 3 hours a piece, which leaves a whole class for their essay mid-terms, which they had on Monday. This week we will be looking over Edwards' piety and his understanding of sanctification (don't you just feel green with envy?). Their final projects are due this Monday, so it will all be over incredibly soon. I can't believe how quickly it has gone. I've really enjoyed it a lot, a surprising amount actually, and feel more and more ready to be doing this full time (if there were only jobs!).







2 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Blogger Bizy said...

nice to meet You

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

we need to find Kelli a karaoke version of "Hot for Teacher"....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home