Friday, May 15, 2009

Rain with a vengeance

This week started out lovely in Aberdeen. On my walk to work one morning I saw purple flowers in the sunshine.

Another day there was a nice clear skyline off the sea...people kyaking out the mouth of the River Don

Today I went to Glasgow, and experienced a slightly cloudy and cooler walk in the Kelvingrove park...
Rain fell the entire train ride back, and then my walk from the train station to our flat was a humorous disaster! I think this is the hardest rainfall I have ever experienced! My tibias were aching because my jeans were soaked, and the wind off the north sea combined with the continuous horizontal projection of the rain upon my legs just chilled my bones! At one point I found myself hiking against the wind up a hill, and my legs literally stalled in the air because the wind was holding them back. It was just funny...I actually yelled at the wind a few times!


This picture just does't capture it...but at least you can see the defeat on my face! My upper body actually stayed dry, and my feet were dry until I was about 100 yards away from home. At that point I think the gortex in my shoes just gave up!


3 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger Leslie Strobel said...

Are you serious?!
You mean the rain was worse than when we were there?!
UNBELIEVABLE!

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Wow! You poor thing! Thanks for posting the pic from Kelvingrove, that made me happy. :)

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger bic said...

sometimes it rains

 

Post a Comment

<< Home