Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Out for a short walk

For your viewing pleasure, I have provided a video of a short walk I took - as well as the sole bad part of our trip. Please watch and then I'll explain below.




Kelli and I had just driven up to the most northern part of mainland Britain. Basically, you take this crazy one-lane road for several miles (it feels like you are in a national park or something), and the road dead ends into a light house. From there, you can take a trail up behind the lighthouse to see the view from the otherside of the hill. That is what we decided to do.

Here I go on the walk.
I was walking on a path through tall grass and there was a part that dipped down. When I stepped on the ground it wasn't hard, and I rolled my ankle. Sadly, I've rolled this ankle 9 times before, and so it isn't the strongest. I heard crunching. Yuck.



I'm not going to lie - it hurt a lot. I stood on it pretty quick but decided to lay in the grass for a while because when I was standing I thought I was going to vomit. Kelli went ahead to see if there was any view worthwhile enough to forge on (which there wasn't) and so we walked back (much more slowly).




So that night we took a picture of my ankle before it started bruising. As you can probably see, it is pretty swollen, but now add some purple and black to this picture and that is what it currently looks like. It hasn't really slowed us down much; I just whine more which has seemed to help.







4 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Oh noooooo!

Well, the Scotch should be easy to come by, at least....

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Kent, Tammy, and Hannah Eilers said...

We are SO sorry to hear of your boo-boo. Hope it will heal soon. Did they give you any pain killers or just tell you down a jug of whisky and then chew on a wooden spoon?

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Leslie Strobel said...

Kyle,

I love you.

Momma

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger The Sipes Family said...

Kyle,

I am not as sorry as kent and tammy to hear of your boo-boo, because you with an ankle injury is a staple of my life and bring joy to my memory. I am however extremely sad that I was not there for 1) the actual incident because I probably would have fallen harder than you did while laughing and 2) for the whining afterwards because you in your whiny voice and needy acting is priceless.

Love ya brother and hope that you heal soon. The newest rapper in the family, DJ L-Rob sends his healing powers. He just got circumsized which I am sure is comparable to your ankle. (They use some ring/clamp now so that they don't miss any spots)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home